Local Governance of The Clarendon Academy
Key Governance Question:
What is the current state of play in the relentless pursuit of excellence?
1. Student Progress
2. Teaching and Learning
3. Behaviour and Safety
4. Leadership and Management
5. Overall Effectiveness.
• The Academy Advisory Board (AAB - formerly full governing body) with Full Advisory Board (FAB) meetings (formerly FGB meetings)
• Challenge Committee 1 (CC1)
(Progress and Performance of students (including Pupil Premium data), faculties and teachers)
• Challenge Committee 2 (CC2)
(Support and development of student progress, behaviour and attendance, Pupil Premium strategies and SEN)
• Health and Safety, Child Protection and Safeguarding Review Group (H&S)
The AAB will have five FAB meetings in a school year (Terms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6).
CC1 and CC2 will meet four times (Terms 1, 2, 4 and 5).
H&S will meet twice a year (Terms 2 and 5).
AAB Yvonne Jorden
CC1 Darren Lawrence (supported by Winston Witham).
CC2 Catherine Szabo (supported by Julie Thomas and Harriet Clarkson as required)
H&S Yvonne Jorden, Rob Pittman and Harriet Clarkson.
AAB Administration - Sharon Wall.
CC1 Administration - Angie Snelling
CC2 Administration - Diane Merchant