Here at The Clarendon Academy we have a "Sport For All" policy at the heart of our curriculum. The faulty strive to create a delicate balance between competition and participation and give opportunities for students of all abilities to complete in intra-school competition which are offered through inter-house events including: cross country, swimming and athletics.
We pride ourselves on the excellent working relationships that we develop with our students, both in lessons, and during the wide range of extra-curricular clubs, leadership and residential opportunities we provide.
"Sports do not build character, they reveal it." John Wooden
The main aims of the faculty are
- To introduce students to a broad and balanced range of physical activities.
- To encourage enjoyment and success in activities to promote participation outside of school.
- To develop the skill level of all students, recognising excellence, improvement and effort.
- To encourage participation of students in the roles of performer, coach, administrator and official.
- To support the pursuit of excellence through District, County, Regional and National selection.
- To develop qualities of co-operation, tolerance, listening, empathy and understanding.
- To encourage fair play and integrity in all competitive situations.
Although the faculty offer accredited courses in Physical Education and Sport at KS4 and KS5, students are assessed through attitue scores in core PE focusing on participation self drive, social interaction, mental strength and coachability