The faculty is made up of a number of social science subjects taught at GCSE and A-Level and BV (Beliefs and Values) which delivers PHSE, citizenship, and careers guidance in KS3 and KS4 :
- BV: PSHE, Citizenship, Careers Information and guidance, financial capability, beliefs and values. This is a three year compulsory curriculum which enables us to deliver statutory guidance and to ensure that all students leave Clarendon with the skills and knowledge to succeed. Through BV our students are able to develop an understanding of themselves, develop their views on moral issues and prepare for their future lives.
- RS: The study of religion and philosophy. Students are able to study moral issues from a variety of points of view. Such topics as Crime, Life and Death as well as War and Relationships. Students will achieve a GCSE in RS as well as a short course in psychology.
- Child Care: As a faculty we offer three levels of CACHE course where students learn how children develop and grown. Students can take Child Care as an option in Year 9 and are able to become fully qualified child care professionals by the end of Y12 or go on to study education after the extended diploma in Childcare.
- Sociology: The study of society and behaviour is one of our most fascinating A-level courses which looks at social reasons behind our behaviour. Excellent if you want to become criminologist or work in law.
- Psychology is offered as an A level. It involves the study of the human mind and allows students to develop an understanding of the many factors that influence human behaviour and thought. It has a highly scientific nature, looking at how the brain works and developing scientific reasoning and understanding through practical activities.
- Philosophy and Ethics: The love of wisdom and the study of morality allows students who are interested in discussion and debate to explore the 'big questions' of the universe. Students will study medical ethics as well as question their entire existence.